Dental Implants Richmond
Implant dentistry is probably the most complex treatment available. Unfortunately, there is no specialist register for implant surgeons.
How do you choose a dentist to undertake your treatment? Here are some facts about this treatment and why you should consider dental implants in Richmond.
- Dr Jason Burns has been placing and restoring dental implants in Richmond since 1992. We are the largest provider of Straumann implants in South London
- Dr Jason Burns places and restores implants for a large number of referring dentists in Richmond and South London, who refer to him due to his expertise and experience.
- Dr Jason Burns achieved an MSc (with distinction) in Dental Implant Surgery from Guys Hospital in 2001. This is the highest implant qualification recognised by the General Dental Council, and he was one of the first dentists in the UK to be awarded this degree.
- Dr Jason Burns has taught and lectured and published nationally and internationally for Astra, Biomet 3 and Straumann (3 of the biggest implant companies in the world).
- We will try to match any UK-based quote.*
- We are one of the most experienced practices in the UK using remarkable PRGF treatments for all surgical and implant procedures.
What are Dental Implants in Richmond?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
While high-tech in nature, dental implants are more tooth-saving than traditional bridgework, since implants do not rely on neighbouring teeth for support.
The dental implants in Richmond we offer are so natural-looking and feeling; you may forget you ever lost a tooth. You know that your confidence in your teeth affects how you feel about yourself, both personally and professionally.
Perhaps you hide your smile because of spaces from missing teeth. Maybe your dentures don’t feel secure. Perhaps you have difficulty chewing.
If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to smile, speak and eat again with comfort and confidence, there is good news as our Richmond dental practice can help!
Dental implants are teeth that can look and feel just like your own! Under proper conditions, such as placement by Dr Jason Burns and diligent patient maintenance, implants can last a lifetime.
* We are happy to try and match written estimates from UK-based dentists, using Straumann Implants, providing they have been examined and radiographed by a GDC-registered dentist. We will not try to match “flyers”, Groupon (or equivalent) or general advertising offers, that are not substantiated by an examination from a GDC-registered dentist.
Dental implants are much easier to take care of than you might think. In fact, just regularly brushing, flossing and keeping on top of routine appointments can be enough to ensure your implants last for many years to come.
Accordion Sample DescriptionMost of our patients report to return to work after just one day, however every patient is different. Generally speaking, recovery takes less than one week, but this can depend on how many implants you’ve had and whether you needed any bone grafts. We will be able to advise you more accurately of your particular recovery time during your consultation.
For many of our patients requiring dental implants, there is little quality of life before the procedure. This could be due to severe tooth loss making it difficult to eat and socialise normally. But, the good news is that dental implants can give you back control over your life, and yes – you can even eat the foods you love once again. We do advise you keep particularly sticky, hard or acidic foods out of your diet during the first few weeks after the procedure, but once placement has happened you can enjoy a full range of foods.
We appreciate that dental implants are an investment, but they are also a lifechanging procedure. With that in mind, we’ve tried hard to make our fees as accessible to everyone as possible. Our prices are very transparent, and we’re proud to say we offer some of the most competitive rates around for this type of procedure.